Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Moth Radio Response

1. My opinions on what I heard are rather crazy. Sounds a bit weird but I actually thought some parts were funny. I didnt really like although it was kinda funny because it's about a black guy taking a white kid home by the order of the kid's mother. They're pulled over by the police & seperates the two. One cop tells  Cleveland, the black guy, to keep quiet while another has an interview-like conversation with the kid. They talk up to a point where the cop reveals a badge, causing the kid to start yelling, cussing the cops out. That crept me out. I mean like a kid cussing at & threatening cops?  Uh uh!

2. There's a difference in how the cops talk to the two. The cop talking with the kid had a rather calm tone in his voice. The one talking to Cleve sounded warning and a little threatning.

3. Noah speaks with an anxious tone. Cleveland speaks with a voice he uses to clarify things out.

4. I didn't hear any stereotypes in the recording other than the background laughter.

5. They believe Cleve when the cops call Noah's mom.

6. I think Ms. Edwards chose this story as a relation to TKMB. This could be related to TKMB because it has racism. TKMB takes place in a time where racism is at large. Same with this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment